Lions Boulevard Park is a waterfront camping area on the south-eastern tip of Russell Island (along The Boulevard). The park is the only Council-run camping facility on Redlands Coast and includes two flat, turfed campsites located toward its northern end. Each site can accommodate up to four people and is suitable for camping in tents only.
Please note, the below facilities are currently unavailable due to maintenance: Playground, Seating
The northern shore of the park is used as an informal boat ramp for access by kayak, canoe, jetski, tinny, sailboat or motorboat. You can also take the Russell Island ferry or barge for access on foot or by bicycle, motorbike , or vehicle (2WD and 4WD).
What to bring
Open fires are not permitted anywhere in the park. Fines apply.
- Insect repellent, as mosquitoes, sandflies and biting midges are present at all times of the year
- Toilet paper, as limited toilet paper is provided
- No fee is charged for camping bookings.
- Limited mobile phone reception at the campsites.
- Dogs are allowed off-leash in the designated dog off-leash area during shared hours only. In other areas of the park, dogs must remain on a leash. Check the park signage for details.
- Small water craft may be stored near your tent for security purposes.
All hirer's must comply with the Lions Boulevard Park Terms and Conditions.
For more information, please review Council's Frequently Asked Booking Questions